1. Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is cheating yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Besides, if you’re late, it’s 10 burpees per minute.
2. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions and ask for help, that is what the coaches are here for.
3. Check your ego at the door!
4. EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped (neither were dumbbells or kettlebells). We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily.
5. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket, please.
6. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout, but only after everyone has finished. Our fellow athletes need our support and encouragement during this time, refer to rule 1.
7. Grunting, screaming, and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout. There is such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Also remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, whiny, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful, and remember that kids are probably present.
8. Wear clothing that keeps your private areas private. We know that you’ve worked hard for that amazing physique, but this is not the place to show it. We want to be courteous to all members and more so our children.
9. We love kids here at CrossFit Chelsea and think it’s important for them to see their parents leading active, healthy lives. However, we also want to keep kids and everyone else in our box safe. This is why kids need to stay inside the kid corral and should not be in the workout area when workouts are happening unless it is our awesome kids class. We just can’t run the risk of having your kids or our athletes getting hurt.
10. Please refrain from using electronic devices, setting up for your workout, holding personal conversations, etc. while coaches are coaching. It’s not only rude and disrespectful, but you could be missing out on information that could lead to your next PR!
11. Have fun and enjoy your community and the experience.
Crossfit Chelsea 10699 Old Hwy 280 Chelsea, AL 35043 (Behind Johnny Ray’s BBQ)